Apply for Your Passport

You must Apply In Person using Form DS-11 if at least one of the following is true:

  • You are applying for your first U.S. passport
  • You are under age 16
  • Your previous U.S. passport was issued when you were under age 16
  • Your previous U.S. passport was lost, stolen, or damaged
  • Your previous U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago

If none of the above statements apply to you, you may be eligible to renew using Form DS-82.

U.S. Passport applications are accepted BY APPOINTMENT ONLY at the County Clerk's Office

Visit Renew my Passport for information about renewing by mail. The County Clerk's Office does not process adult renewals. Appointments are available for renewal applicants in need of a photo; the County Clerk's office can assist with any questions on the DS-82 Renewal Application. If you have any questions about the renewal process or need a new passport photo, call 262-653-2552.

Find the most current U.S. Passport application and forms at U.S. Passport Forms.

Please print the DS-11 application on individual pages. Complete the application with black ink only prior to your appointment and bring the completed UNSIGNED application form and the required documentation to your appointment. All documents submitted with the application for U.S. Passport must be ORIGINAL documents. No photocopies are accepted. Payments must be submitted at the time of the application.

Requirements for U.S. Passport applications for First-Time Applicants and Fees

CURRENT U.S. PASSPORT PROCESSING TIMES  See the current Door-to-Door Times. What you can expect and how to track your application status.

Processing Times_2-3  6-8_TSG_Infographic

Urgent travel? Need a passport quickly? Visit the U.S. Department of State Online Passport Appointment System or call the Chicago Passport Agency at 877-487-2778. 


If the application is for a CHILD UNDER 16 YEARS OF AGE, PARENTS LISTED ON THE CERTIFIED BIRTH CERTIFICATE MUST BOTH APPEAR with their driver's license or state ID, and the child must also be present. Even if the child has had a previous passport, you also must submit a "Certified Birth Certificate" to establish the child/parent relationship.  When (DS3053) Statement of Consent: Issuance of a U.S. Passport to a Child is used, or the same information provided on other paper, by the non-applying parent(s) for children under the age of 16, it MUST BE NOTARIZED and MUST ALSO INCLUDE A COPY OF THE FRONT & BACK OF THE NON-APPLYING PARENT'S CURRENT ID.

If the mother's current name on her identification does not match the child's name, proof of the name change needs to be submitted with the application and/or minor consent form. Examples would be a certified marriage certificate or certified court document. (Example: Child's name on birth certificate: Joshua Miller, Mother's name on birth certificate: Mary Little, Mother's current name on ID: Mary French).

Passport photos for applicants and renewal applicants may be taken at the Kenosha County Clerk's Office for $12 per person, no appointment necessary.

The County Clerk's Office hours will vary due to holidays. If you have any questions, please call the office to confirm.