Adopt A Trail
The Adopt-A-Trail program is an opportunity for nature-loving, conservation-minded groups of all sizes and types to sponsor a section of Kenosha County Parks’ trail system by volunteering to conduct routine maintenance and help control invasive non-native plants. To adopt a trail, fill out the form found here.
Individuals or groups may adopt a trail or segment of a trail in Kenosha County Parks by volunteering their time to help keep the trail clean and safe. As representatives of the Kenosha County Parks Division, Adopt-A-Trail sponsors:
- Collect litter and perform minor trail maintenance.
- Assist with the control of invasive species and planting of native species.
- Record and report to Kenosha County Parks staff any major or hazardous trail obstructions.
- Properly dispose of recyclable materials.
- Gather and return any "lost and found" items to the Kenosha County Parks office.
- Inform visitors about regulations and available facilities.
Current groups making a difference:
|Available||Kenosha County Boardwalk Trail Highway A to Highway KR|
|Available||Kenosha County Multi-Use Trail Highway KR to Highway E|
|Kenosha Velosport Cycling||Kenosha County Multi-Use Trail Birch Road to 35th Street|
|Available||Kenosha County Multi-Use Trail 89th Street to 116th Street|
|Available||Kenosha County Multi-Use Trail 116th Street to State line|
|Somers Chargers 4-H Club||Carthage to Parkside Multi-Use Trail Birch Road to Petrifying Springs Park|
|Boy Scout Group and Venture Crew 328||Silver Lake Icehouse Trail Silver Lake to Highway F|
|Salem Lakes Flood Rats||Fox River Park, All Trails|
|Available||Bristol Woods Park, All Trails|
|Kemper Center, Inc.||Kemper Center Recreation Trail|
|Boy Scouts of America Troop 538||Petrifying Springs Park, All Trails|
|Available||Silver Lake Park, All Hiking Trails|
|Available||Kenosha County Veterans Memorial Park, All Trails|
|Available||Brighton Dale Park, All Trails|