The 8th Annual Old Settlers Oktoberfest at Old Settlers Park, 24100 75th St., Paddock Lake, will be held noon to 8 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 8.
The festivities will include authentic German food and beverages, a fun run, live music and dancing, a classic car show, kids’ games, the Dachshund Dash, a stein-hoisting competition and raffle prizes. Admission is free.
“Summer is ending, but another great season is beginning,” said Kenosha County Executive Jim Kreuser. “Come out and celebrate fall, and German culture, in the beautiful setting of Old Settlers Park.”
The Oktoberfest 5k+, organized by the Kenosha Running Company, will begin and end at Old Settlers Park. Registration begins at 9 a.m. and the race will start at 10:30. The morning run/walk will be family friendly, and participants are encouraged to dress in Oktoberfest theme. Visit http://www.xcthrillogy.com/oktoberfest-5k----9-8.html to register and review the entry fees.
The Dachshund Dash is for dachshunds and dachshund mixes trying to be the fastest Top Dog or a Hot Dog. Free registration for the races begins at noon, with the races will commencing at 1 p.m. Immediately following the Dachshund Dash, there will be an Open Class/All Breed Dog Dash. All dogs are welcome to participate in the open-class event.
- 10:30 a.m. – Oktoberfest 5k+ fun run (registration begins at 9 a.m.)
- Noon-8 p.m. – German food and beer for purchase
- Noon-3 p.m. – Brew Haus Polka Kings
- Noon-4 p.m.: Alphorn Players
- Noon-4 p.m. – Classic car show
- Noon-5 p.m. – Children’s games and bounce house
- Noon-2 p.m.: Kids’ tractor train rides
- 1 p.m. – Dachshund Dash & All Breed Dog Dash (registration begins at noon)
- 2, 3, 5 and 6 p.m. – German dancers, the D’Oberlanders Dance Crew
- 4-7 p.m.: Ed Wagner Brass Band
- 5:30 p.m.: Stein-hoisting competition
- 7 p.m. – Raffle Drawing
Old Settlers Oktoberfest is sponsored by Old Settlers Oktoberfest Inc., County Executive Jim Kreuser and the Kenosha County Division of Parks. Proceeds from this event support the construction of a band shelter within Old Settlers Park.