County Executive Jim Kreuser is inviting the public to join him for the dedication of the Petrifying Springs Park Dam Removal and Road Reconstruction Project.
The event will be at Picnic Area 4 at Petrifying Springs Park, 761 Green Bay Road, on Saturday, June 1st.
The event schedule is:
• 8:30 a.m.: Meet and greet, with coffee, juice, Danish and bagels available
• 9 a.m.: Welcome by County Executive Kreuser
• 9:05 a.m.: Historic overview of Petrifying Springs Park by Jonathan Rudie, county General
Manager of Parks Operations
• 9:20 a.m.: Presentation of the Project by Len Roecker of RA Smith
• 9:30 a.m.: Recognition of the Dam grant awards – The Fund For Lake Michigan, Sustain Our
Great Lakes and the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources.
• 9:40 a.m.: Root-Pike Watershed Initiative Network update on the Pike River Restoration project
by Susan Greenfield, executive director
• 9:50 a.m.: Tour of project site
• 10:30 a.m.: Children’s activities
• 11:30 a.m.: Hot dogs and soda
The event is free and open to the public. For more information, call the Kenosha County Parks Division at 262-857-1869.