Kenosha County Executive Jim Kreuser, Racine County Executive James Ladwig, and Walworth County Board Chair Nancy Russell announced today the Southeastern Wisconsin Workforce Development Board and the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development Job Service are sponsoring a regional employer informational session for employers seeking worker training, through the Wisconsin Fast Forward program. Employers will learn more about the grant application process and requirements. The informational session will be held at iMET, 2320 Renaissance Blvd., in Sturtevant on Thursday, March 13, 2014 from 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
Shelly Harkins, from the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development’s Office of Skills Development, will discuss the recently released second round of Wisconsin Fast Forward business grants and discuss details about the application process.
Wisconsin Fast Forward will make up to $7.5 million in grants available to support employer-led worker training. Grant applicants can be a single business, a consortium of businesses, or business/businesses in partnership with local workforce development boards and/or economic development organizations. The Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development’s new Office of Skills Development is administering the program. Grant applications are available online at WisconsinFastForward.com.
Grants are available in the following categories:
• Manufacturing Occupations, $1 million, due April 1
• Construction Trades and Related Occupations, $500,000, due April 1
• Financial Services Occupations, $1 million, due April 3
• Transportation, Logistics and Distribution Occupations, $1 million, due April 3
• Information Technology Occupations, $1.5 million, due April 8
• Wisconsin Small Businesses, $500,000, due April 10
• Health Care and Related Occupations, $2 million, due April 10
To register for this no cost event contact Rebecca Freund at (262) 697-4587 or firstname.lastname@example.org