As the July 4th, 2022, Independence Day holiday approaches, the Kenosha County Sheriff’s Department would like to remind residents and visitors of a few parade and firework display dates as well as some firework safety guidelines:
- Twin Lakes Liberty Fest Parade – Saturday, July 2nd, 11:00 AM
- Kenosha Civic Veterans Parade – Sunday, July 3rd, 1:00 PM
- Somers Independence Day Parade – Monday, July 4th, 2:00 PM
- All fireworks used without a valid permit are illegal. The only fireworks that are allowed per state regulations are sparklers, snaps, and poppers. Anything that leaves the ground and explodes and produces sparks or embers from the ground is illegal and should not be used.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to ignite fireworks.
- Please consider enjoying fireworks safely while attending a professional public fireworks display.
- Old Settlers Park - July 3rd at 9:30 PM
- Harbor Park - July 4th at 9:30 PM