Kenosha County Youth In Governance is seeking 10th and 11th grade high school students to participate in the program.
Youth in Governance is a youth empowerment program that offers area teens the chance to directly participate in local government and community service.
The requirements to participate in the Youth In Governance are:
- Youth must be a high school student in 10th or 11th grade
- Youth must have a GPA of 2.5 or greater
- Youth must be a Kenosha County resident
- Youth must be able to attend the monthly meetings of their committee
- Youth must attend at least one Kenosha County Board meeting during their term
- Youth must participate in the YIG Bus Tour held last Wednesday in June
- Youth must be able to attend additional committee meetings that are combined with other committees
Please see the nomination form for additional information.