Effective beginning with the 2022 Elections — Supervisor Yuhas will be representing District 17 (2022 District 17 Map).
Monica Yuhas has always been passionate about her community and now finds herself able to make a difference in a greater way by serving on the Kenosha County Board of Supervisors. Monica was elected to the Kenosha County Board of Supervisors in April 2018. She is currently the Chairwoman of the Kenosha Joint Services Board, is a member of the Human Services Committee, and also serves as a Youth in Governance Mentor on this committee as well. Monica also serves on the Legislative Committee. Ms. Yuhas is also a Youth in Governance Mentor on the Human Services committee.
She has served previously on the County Board's Public Works and Facilities Committee and the Judiciary and Law Committee. From 2020-to 2022, she served as Vice Chairwoman of the Kenosha County Board. From 2007 to 2014, Ms. Yuhas served as a Trustee on the Pleasant Prairie Village Board. She has also served as vice chairwoman of the Pleasant Prairie Community Development Authority, a member of the Pleasant Prairie Parks Commission, and a director for the Wisconsin League of Municipalities.
Ms. Yuhas currently works as the secretary in the Village of Pleasant Prairie Engineering Department. She and her family reside in Kenosha County.
Past Kenosha County Government Committees:
- Public Works and Facilities
- Judiciary and Law Enforcement Committee
- Executive Committee
- Finance Committee
- Pringle Nature Center Board Member, Liaison for Kenosha County
- Youth in Governance Mentor on Finance Committee 2020, 2021
Current Community organization involvement:
- Pleasant Prairie Woman’s Club, Past President and Member
- Southern Lakes Credit Union Board of Directors, Secretary
- Pleasant Prairie Historical Society, Member
- Pleasant Prairie Police Association, Supporter
Past Community organization involvement:
- Pleasant Prairie Fire and Rescue Association Board of Directors, Treasurer
- Pringle Nature Center Board of Directors
- Kenosha Unified PTA Council, past Secretary
- Tremper High School PTA, past Secretary
- Tremper Athletic Booster Club, past Member
- Prairie Lane Elementary PTA, past President
- Boy Scouts of America, past Den Mother