Free Access to State Parks & Trails

Since October 2008, certain disabled veterans and former Prisoners of War (POW) can receive waivers for vehicle admittance to state parks. Eligible veterans include:

  • Disabled veterans with a 70 percent or greater permanent/temporary disability rating by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
  • Disabled veterans determined by the federal VA to be totally disabled due to Individual Unemployability (TDIU)
  • Former Prisoners of War

To apply, contact the Kenosha County Veterans Affairs Office at 262-605-6690. You can apply online, but you must bring the application into the office for certification.