Dog Park Rules
- All dogs must have a Kenosha County Dog Parks tag or owner can pay a daily fee. Dog Parks tags are available at several locations (listed on the Tags and Fees page). The Dog Parks tag is valid for one year. No annual dog license shall be granted without a Kenosha County dog license or current license from the municipality where the dog is kept.
- Scoop the Poop. Use the disposal bags available. Park Ordinances require owner/handler clean up and properly dispose of waste left by their dog(s).
- Dogs must be kept on leash until they are in the dog park entrance and the gate has closed behind them. For the safety of your pet as well as others, do not keep your dog on leash while inside the dog park.
- Dog owner/handler must be physically capable of controlling their dog. All owner/handlers are required to remain inside the off-leash area and be in view of their dog(s) at all times. The limit is three dogs per handler, per visit.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted on the premises. Dogs exhibiting rough, aggressive or dangerous behavior must be removed by owner immediately.
- Excessive barking is prohibited. Dogs barking excessively must be removed by owner.
- All dogs must be current on vaccinations.
- All dogs must be licensed by their respective municipality and display said license/tag while in the dog park. Non-County residents must have the current rabies vaccine tag as well as a dog license tag issued by the governing body where they reside.
- Leashes must be kept on dog, until inside the double-gates entry. Remove leash prior to entering second gate. Do the reverse when leaving.
- The off-leash dog park is for dogs and their handlers. No other type of animal (i.e. hunting or other use) is allowed. No firearms, starting pistols are permitted. Visit Bong State Park for a hunting dog training area.
- Absolutely no female dogs in heat or puppies under the age of four months are allowed in the dog park.
- No smoking, food, alcoholic beverages, glass containers, strollers or bicycles are allowed inside the dog park.
- Only flying discs and tennis balls are allowed to be thrown inside dog park.
- Children under 18 years old must be accompanied and supervised closely by an adult at all times. It is recommended that small children not be brought into the off-leash area. Children are not permitted to run with, or chase, dogs.
- Users of the dog park do so at their own risk. Kenosha County is not liable for any injury or damage caused by any dog or person in this park. Owners and users agree to assume the full responsibility of any injuries, damages or loss to themselves, their dogs or property or any damage to other people or dogs connected with or associated with their use of the park.
- All users must immediately obey verbal or written orders of Park Employees. Please be reminded that failure to comply with park rules or to maintain the facility in a clean or orderly fashion will result in fines or temporary/permanent loss of park privileges.
- All Park Ordinances apply. Enforced by Park, or Sheriff’s Department (262) 843-2371 or (262) 653-6600.
Please Note: The park rules were developed in coordination with Kenosha County Corporation Counsel and are enforceable by law.